1. DO NOT PACK NOODLES OR ANYTHING THAT NEEDS WATER. There is no water and electricity so it’s difficult to consume this kind of food.
2. PACK MEDICINES. most especially basic medicines (biogesic, bioflu, robitussin, etc.) If possible, include medicine for surface wounds as many have been injured from fallen debris and rooftops.
3. PACK AT LEAST ONE BOTTLE OF WATER. People are in desperate need of potable water (some violent), There is no source of potable water for any part of Tacloban.
4. PACK CANDLES AND MATCHES. They are expecting to be without electricity for a minimum of 2 months.
5. ENCOURGAGE YOUR RESPECTIVE GROUP/ORGANIZATION TO DONATE BODY BAGS. Bodies are lying around roads within the city and some places are already filled to capacity with remains.
I received this message from family in the Tacloban area and this is what is being requested. Those medicines listed above are specific to the Philippine areas. Please google if you are unfamiliar. Thank you for sharing and working together to help with the aid.